Keywords: Molecular pharmacology, systems biology, cancer, infectious diseases, neuropharmacology
- Transcriptomic-based network pharmacology of synthetic and biogenic drugs and bioinformatic pharmacology in basic and translational research to identify novel predictive and prognostic markers for personalized medicine
- Mode of action and toxicological analyses of synthetic and biogenic drugs to characterize their safety and efficacy
- Artesunate for cancer therapy (basic and translational research including clinical trials)
More than 700 of our publications can be found at the PubMed database (with abstracts and partly open access). click here
- Kadioglu, O, Saeed MEM, Greten HJ, Mayr K, Schrama D, Roos WP, Efferth T. Identification of potential inhibitors targeting BRAF-V600E mutant melanoma cells. J Am Acad Dermatol 2021;84:1086-1089 (IF: 8.3)
- Elbadawi M, Efferth T. Organoids of human airways to study infectivity and cytopathy of SARS-CoV-2. Lancet Respir Med. 2020;S2213-2600:30238-1. (IF: 25.1)
- Panossian AG, Efferth T, Shikov AN, Pozharitskaya ON, Kuchta K, Mukherjee PK, Banerjee S, Heinrich M, Wu W, Guo DA, Wagner H. Evolution of the adaptogenic concept from traditional use to medical systems: Pharmacology of stress- and aging-related diseases. Med Res Rev 2021;41:630-703. (IF: 9.3)
- Atanasov AG, International Natural Product Sciences Taskforce. Natural products in drug discovery: advances and opportunities. Nat Rev Drug Discov 2021;20:200-216. (IF: 64.8).
- Klionsky DJ et al. Guidelines for the use and interpretation of assays for monitoring autophagy (4th edition). Autophagy 2021;17:1-382. IF: 10.8)
- Efferth T. Beyond malaria: The inhibition of viruses by artemisinin-type compounds. Biotechnol. Adv. 2018 36:1730-7 (IF: 10.7)
- Efferth T. From ancient herb to modern drug: Artemisia annua and artemisinin for cancer therapy. Semin Cancer Biol. 2017;46:65-83 (IF: 11.1)
- Efferth T, Romero MR, Wolf DG, Stamminger T, Marin JJG, Marschall M. The antiviral activities of artemisinin and artesunate. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2008;47:804-811 (IF: 8.3)
- Li PCH, Lam E, Roos WP, Zdienicka MZ, Kaina B, Efferth T. Artesunate derived from traditional Chinese medicine induces DNA damage and repair. Cancer Research 2008;68:4347-51. (IF: 9.7)
- Efferth T, Konkimalla VB, Wang YF, Sauerbrey A, Furchtbar S, Zintl F, Mattern J, Volm M. Prediction of broad spectrum resistance of tumors towards anticancer drugs. Clinical Cancer Research 2008;14:2405-12. (IF: 10.1)
- Efferth T, Li P, Kaina B. From traditional Chinese medicine to rational cancer therapy. Trends in Molecular Medicine 2007;13:353-361 (IF: 11.1)
- Steinbach D, Gillet JP, Sauerbrey A, Gruhn B, Dawczynski K, Bertholet V, de Longueville F, Zintl F, Remacle J, Efferth T. ABCA3 as a possible cause of drug resistance in childhood acute myeloid leukemia. Clinical Cancer Research 2006;12:4357-63. (IF: 10.1).
- Efferth T, Volm M. Pharmacogenetics and individualized cancer chemotherapy. Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2005;107:155-176 (IF: 10.6)
- Efferth T. Mechanistical perspectives of 1,2,4-trioxanes for anti-cancer therapy. Drug Resistance Updates 2005;8:85-97 (IF: 11.0).
- Efferth T, Bachli EB, Schwarzl SM, Goede JS, West C, Smith JC, Beutler E. Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency-type Zurich: a splice site mutation as an uncommon mechanism producing enzyme deficiency. Blood 2004;104(8):2608. (IF: 17.5).